2.12.07

xmas xomplaints

i love xmas, don't get me wrong. i think it's great-spending money, wrapping gifts, the food, all of it.

my first xriticism, however is...

the american motto? buy stuff. lots of stuff. buy buy buy buy buy buy spend $$$, buy, charge it, buy buy buy.

then why in the name of everything santa, do department stores force all this crap into your hands to buy...and then give you the jankiest carry-away bags ever made? obviously the money spent on clothes/shoes/sheets/peppermint bark @ crate & barrel isn't put back into the "shopping bag" fund.

twice, i repeat TWICE since christmas shopping, i have had handles rip right off the bag.

and am forced to either steal bags from unsuspecting non-shopped stores, or shove everything into my purse, and not look like i'm stealing.

i'm beginning to think santa really is a fat SOB with a penchant for breaking in & rummaging through sorority girls unmentionables drawers...maybe he really is a totally pervy weirdo.

grrrrrr......it's almost enough to force me into the ebenezer-corner.

if it happens again before my shopping jollies are over, i will ever be an online gifter from here forward.

i've said my peace.

amen.